VOLUNTEERING - BECOME PART OF OUR RAIL COMMUNITY
Are you interested in sustainable travel? Getting involved with your local community? Promoting this wonderful area we live in?
The Wey Valley Community Rail partnership has numerous volunteer roles available by being the link between railway industry and local communities.
We encourage the local community to get involved with our work and are happy to chat about opportunities and consider ideas that will benefit local people and visitors
- Help with or sponsor station improvements ,planters, littler picking, art projects, history displays, leaflet distribution, etc
- Provide or help to look after flowers and planters at stations
- Assist with passenger surveys, events and promotions
- Organise or lead guided walks and cycle rides for visitors and local community
- Promote and improve access to or from stations via bus, cycle, walking or car sharing
- Help ‘keep an eye’ on stations in the evenings and at weekends
- Report any damage, or anti-social behaviour
In fact the list is endless depending on your interest; you can do anything which encourages people to travel by train.
The benefits of volunteering are enormous not only to the cause you support but to you, your family and your local community.
Volunteering can help connect you with your local community. If you have recently moved it can help you get to know your neighbourhood and make new friends.
There is lots of evidence that volunteering has a positive impact on your health
Volunteering can be a great way to enhance your CV by gaining new skills, knowledge and experience and developing existing skills.
Volunteering can be a fun way to explore new interests, help you feel valued and part of a team whilst making a vital contribution to our cause.
Remember volunteering can be provided by an individual, family, school, or community group.
Interested in getting involved?
Please get in touch either call 07988 043870 or email email@example.com